Heavy Weight Drill Pipe
Command Energy’s Heavy Weight Drill Pipe is offered with welded on tool joints or as an integral piece machined from a trepanned bar of 4145H MOD material. Conventional-standard Heavy Weight Drill Pipe is 55,000 KSI. We can also make 75,000 KSI, 95,000 KSI, and 110,000 (integral) KSI.
Our Heavy Weight Drill Pipe is also available in standard, spiralled and non-magnetic designs, making it useful in any number of applications.
Command Energy’s Heavy Weight Drill Pipe also utilizes a unique center upset or wear pad to increase tube life, reduce drag and differential sticking problems.
- An effective weight-on-bit member in extended reach, horizontal and conventional directional well designs
- Improves directional control by reducing torque and drag
- The center upset helps reduce the risk of differential sticking
- Use as an active weight-on-bit member
- The use of Heavy Weight Drill Pipe in the transition zone on a vertical drill string will reduce the risk of drill pipe and collar fatigue failure.
Features and Benefits
- Extra-length tool joints provide ample space to re-cut the connections, reduce the wear rate on the OD and extend the service life
- The center upset protects the tube from OD wear by keeping the tube away from the hole wall, while at the same time reducing the risk of differential sticking
- The API bore back box stress relief feature is standard for the box connection on Heavy Weight Drill Pipe with NC38 and larger connections, helping to extend the service life of the connection
- Cold rolling the thread roots on all Heavy Weight Drill Pipe connections increases the connection’s ability to resist fatigue cracking
- Heavy Weight Drill Pipe can be picked up with the drill pipe elevators, for fast efficient handling on the rig floor
- Stress relief pin groove is also available
- Hardbanding placed on the tool joints and center wear pad will increase abrasion resistance and extended service life
- The API stress-relief groove feature on the pin connection for heavy-weight with NC38 and larger connections is optional